Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Meet Sparkie

Welp we got a new kitten on Saturday. We had been looking for one. We went to the new Pet Smart down in Abingdon. It was a little small but nice. We saw they had a lot of kittens so we asked to see them. They had about 5 so we played with them... they were all cute but we wanted one that was playful/active, that didn't hish at others, and didn't mind other cats. Well we found him. His name is Sparkie, he is 3.5 months old, and already neutered(a plus). He's had a sad life because 2 of his litter mates died. The name fits him to a "T". We stopped by Target to get him a scratching post, since I signed papers that I wouldn't get him declawed (we'll see), then picked up dinner and headed home.

Sugar and Booger weren't extremely excited at first. Booger was terrified of him and Sugar just hished and batted at him. As of last night Booger was jumping and playing with him while Sugar was tolerating him. I think I will have to take Sugar to the vent, as she is throwing up more than usual. I have to take Sparkie for his rabies shot anyway so I'll just do both at the same time.

Carl is having a blast with him. He wanted someone to play with, as sugar sleeps 24x7 and Booger hides all the time. Carl wanted a dog but since neither of us is home, we decided to wait another yr or two. I think it would be best to wait til we have our first kid and until Sugar is gone... I rescued her because she was afraid of the dog at her previous owners.

Meet Sparkie

3 comments:

Angel said...

What a cutie! He sounds like a great cat because he acts like a dog. If I ever had a cat I would want one like that. Carl definitely needs a dog but of course I'm biased. Congrats on the addition to the family!

Sarah said...

AWWW! Love him!

Silka said...

He's so cute..