Thursday, February 10, 2011

Random....

Random things

  • YAY!!!  So my body has "physically" passed the test with flying colors...  We were able to financially get a loan and we have the social worker appt tonight.  If she thinks we are okay, we are ready to choose a donor and get this thing moving.  I'm SUPER excited and can't wait!!  
  • I wish I had a group of girls that I lived close with....  I think that's one thing I feel missing in my life.  I have friends but no one SUPER close.  There are some that I can talk to about anything and they are there to listen but really not close enough to have over for a glass of wine/etc.
  • Everyone is selling in my neighborhood.  We had heard the rumor but now it's becoming true.  I know there is always turn over but it makes me sad.  I know of one couple that has stopped paying their mortgage all together.  This means it most likely will become a foreclosure/short sale :(  They started building smaller houses and those houses have really decreased the value of our house.  We really don't plan on going anywhere anytime soon unless Carl receives a job offer somewhere and there is housing/moving money.  
  • I am really going to miss my house -cleaner...  she has done it since about 6 months after we moved in.  It has always been worth it since I travel for a living and are never home but with the loan that we had to take out, we will have to say good-bye to her :(
  • I'm addicted to the Army Wives series on Lifetime.  I couple of weeks ago when it was suppose to snow it's ass off, I rented the first 3 seasons from the library.  I know can't stop watching them.  I'm on season 3 and have to find where I can get season 4.  Season 5 starts in a couple of weeks.
  • In less that 2 weeks I'm heading out for a girls week.  We are going to Mardi Gras for Sunday night and then going on a cruise from Mon-Saturday.  I'm sure it will be a blast and I can't wait for the WARM sun and beaches!!!  

4 comments:

Emily said...

I'm so glad your moving forward with this without a hitch!

And I'm so jealous you're going on a cruise! The weather here sucks, I so wish I was coming!

And if you lived closer you could so drop by any time for a glass of wine. Love you!

Kelli said...

I'm so so so excited to hear that for you - can't wait to hear even better news about lil Smith cooking!

I know exactly what you mean about the girls close! I'm usually around if you ever want to run away kinda quickly...

:( Can't we just all pick up and go someplace close?!?

Tenna said...

Hooray for forward positive motion! That is fantastic news.

I so hear you about wishing your girlfriends were closer. I was totally reminded of this when I was back east...I miss being that close to girls I actually like! ;)

Army Wives is killer...I've been an addict for awhile now!

Rebecca said...

Happy to hear that you passed the test!! Enjoy your trip!