Monday, January 31, 2011

Welp it's been a while

Welp it's been a while since I last updated but that's life....  it gets in the way sometimes.  January has been a busy month with work and social life.  We had a ton of football parties because of the Raven's and then I was traveling back/forth to Dallas for work.  I got to see some old friends (Tawna, Kat, Kelli, Angel and Tenna)... it was wonderful to catch and see what is going on with everyone these days.  Time really does fly.

I have taken a little time off of work to stay home for a little while.  That kind of goes into my next thing that's going on in our life....  Infertility (yes this is what rules my life at the moment, it's sad to say but it is).  After moving onto the NJ clinic and having such craziness, we have decided to move onto Donor Egg (DE).  We have known it was an option since September but I wanted to rule out other things first.  I worked with a Ultrasound tech in Plano, Tx who finally worked and talked with me of my options. She showed me what she was seeing and what could really happen. Basically I have VERY small ovaries and not many follicles to produce eggs. (basically my ovaries are the size of someone in their 40's)....  There is always a chance that I could get pregnant on my own but it's a VERY small percentage.  I don't feel like putting out money every month for that small percentage so we made the decision a couple of weeks ago to move onto DE.

We had an appt on Friday with my dr and he started progressing me right along.  My lining is fine, so he started me on shots on Friday and I have a Mock thing tomorrow morning to see if my body will be able to handle the procedure and if my lining will grow enough for us.  If we get "approved" based on everything then we can pick our donor.  We already started looking at donors a couple of weeks ago.  It's kind of crazy and scary all at the same time.  There are so many emotions to go with it.  Financially it will be extremely hard but we'll deal.  We were already paying a couple of hundred dollars in co-pays every month, so we will just be paying it towards a loan instead.

Nothing else is really going on....  We were debating on a vacation since I have 4 roundtrip Airtran tickets to use and also our timeshare to exchange with but we are in limbo until we find out timing of everything.

I did get new valances for my kitchen.  I'm in love with them.  They are from JCPenney and really match what we have.  I would like to find a couple of panels to match them for our slider but I'm ok right now.  I got the Chocolate Multi.  I had removed all the crappy curtains a couple of months ago and bought faux white wood blinds.  I LOVE the blinds because they let so much more light into the kitchen/sunroom.  I'll post pictures soon.

Last announcement, I finally ordered my camera last night!!!!!!!!!!!!   I had sold me old one a couple of weeks ago on Amazon.  I decided on the Canon 7D.  I CAN'T wait for it to come tomorrow.  I'm SUPER excited and can't wait to play with it.  My old camera was from 2006.  So I'm sure there are a ton of features that I will have to learn.  :)

5 comments:

Emily said...

Hugs Char. I'm so glad you guys decided to go ahead with the DE. You'll make awesome parents.

Sarah said...

I'm so excited to hear the update! I can't wait to see you with a baby in your arms.

Kelli said...

YAY! I'm so excited for you and so happy that we got to catch up!

So exciting for you and Carl and I'm keep my fingers crossed for nothing but good for you guys!

Tenna said...

Lots and lots of hugs and prayers. It was SO great to see you!

Anonymous said...

Excited that you're going ahead with baby making... lots of good vibes for you!