Monday, October 18, 2010

Update


On Friday, we were told that I can't have kids.  I have been diagnosed with Premature Ovarian Failure(POF), basically pre-menopause.  DH swimmers are fine but it's my eggs and my numbers(FSH = 60).  It's something that I'm having a hard time dealing with.  I have always wanted kids and so we are trying to assess what we want to do.  I have stumped the doctor, as he has never met someone with my weirdness [:)](20 years of practicing).  He has ran a ton of tests and I gave 5 more vials of blood on Saturday for some more tests.  He wants to figure out why(not that he can fix it but the reason).   We can still go the Donor egg route if we really want kids...  it's expensive and something I have to think about...  Please pray that we found find out a reason.  

5 comments:

Emily said...

Ahhhh, Char that breaks my heart. I hope the doctor finds out something good for you soon. You're in my thoughts.

Rebecca said...

Stupid blogger ate my last comment.

Just wanted to send you some **hugs**. I'm so sorry to hear this, but all hope is not lost!

Lori Anne Haskell said...

hugs, char. :(. I hated reading this. There is nothing I can say to make it better, but wanted to let you know I am thinking about your guys. Hugs.

lenebene said...

Thank you ladies your kind words and thoughts!!

Anonymous said...

Hugs Char. I know how much you wanted kids. I hope something works out with donor/adoption for you!