Wednesday, October 20, 2010

new car or I guess it's a truck

Welp with the crazy news from Friday we figured we should probably start thinking ahead a little.  If we decide to do donor eggs, it's going to cost a lot of money and we should start getting prepared for the worse.  So we took the truck to Carmax on Saturday to get a quote for it.  We were walking around the lot waiting for the quote to come back when Carl asked if I had seen the BMW sitting in the corner, I hadn't so we walked over.  We both love BMW's.  After owning the Z4 and how we were treated, we had missed it.  The BMW was a SUV and it was cute.  Well we walked back inside and were waiting for the sales man when I asked Carl if he minded if we took the BMW for a test drive.  He didn't, so we went to find our salesman and asked to take it for a test drive.  Well I feel in love right away.  It had leather, AWD, heated seats, sunroof, M series (fast), etc...  the drive was really nice and super quiet.  Once we got back to the lot, we got the quote from Carmax for the truck.  They were going to give us more than we owed.  So I talked with Carl and we agreed to go get the Subaru and also use the truck as a trade in.  We got home, cleaned/washed the car, ate lunch and I researched a little about the BMW to make sure there wasn't something horrible with that year (yes I'm a dork, thank you to Edmunds and Consumer Reports).  Nothing horrible that I could see.

On our way back down to Carmax the check engine light came on in the Subaru.  It has been going on and off for months now.  If we use ethtinal gas, the O2 sensor in the car doesn't like it plus the catalytic converter is going up.  It had 165,000 miles on it with heavy driving from Carl for the past 1.5 yrs.  It's held up pretty well.  So we drove to Pepboy's, popped the battery and dumped a bunch of fuel boaster/cleaner in the gas tank and it reset the check engine light.  We drove to Carmax, prayed that the engine light wouldn't come on...  We then started paperwork for the BMW.  We found that it didn't get titled until 7/07, so it was still under full manufacturer warranty until 07/11 or 50,000 miles.  GREAT news!  BMW will usually offers extended warranties also...  Carmax gave us $2k, which isn't great but it's better than nothing, so we took it, plus added the extra from the truck.  We signed all the paperwork and got the heck out of there.  So I'm a proud owner of a 2007 BMW X3si.  Here are some pictures that Carmax took - http://lenebene.smugmug.com/2010/Family/2007-BMW-X3/14252779_dA8q6#1053553220_oa766

So now here is my rant.... PA MVA SUCKS!!  There is really no single location.  You have to go to Ma and Pa places to get tags, inspection and registration done and it's  a HUGE PAIN!  I miss Maryland, where I could go to a center to get tags and register my vehicle.

Welp I started down the weight-loss/eating better road.  I have read a lot of research that shows autoimmune disease works against fertility.  I am also sick of being over weight/clothes being tight.  So I have decided to workout and eat what I'm suppose to eat (no dairy, no eggs, no wheat/gluten/rye/spent/etc).  My cousins use DailyBurn and I had signed up months ago and never used it (go figure).  So I signed back in (after I figured out my password) and set everything up.  They have a iphone app, which makes things 10 times easier.  I added my goals and workouts to my program and can get everything on my iphone.  It's super easy.  I found a workout plan that is 3 times a week for 30 days.  They give you exercises to do for those days and then a diet/calorie count.  I love that I can record everything on my iphone while I'm working out.  Super easy!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Yay Char! BTW-do you play Words with Friends on the iphone?? If you do, look for me, reba627!