Wednesday, August 11, 2010

finally going to start posting - IF post

Welp I've been a slacker for a long time but now I just need to place to vent or get feelings out!  I have found that there aren't many people that understand me nor my issues.  I have a rare job (at least for a female) and because of that job I have rare relationships with people (weekends only things, online friends via message boards, facebook, etc).  Sooo, relax and enjoy!!  If I piss you off, don't read!

In the past couple of years I have learned a lot.  You can plan your education, your job, your wedding ring, your wedding, your dream house, etc but you can't plan a baby.  It just doesn't happen.  Some people get lucky and some don't.  We are the ladder.  Some people know and some people don't but we have been trying to have a baby for a while now (over 1.5 yrs to be exact).  Anyway, everyone kept saying it was my job and not we just weren't getting the timing right.... blah, blah, blah.  (TMI alert) Well I don't have a normal re-occurring period (anywhere from 29 to 60 days).  So we decided to make an appt with our friends at Shady Grove.  We started back in May and finally finished all the testing at the beginning of July.  Carl passed the tests with flying colors but I seem to be the problem (go figure).  I don't ovulate (Anovulation).  This is a huge problem if you are trying to get pregnant.  So the doctor gave us a couple of options.  We decided to start with IUI's.  This is going to be fun, NOT!  Lots of drugs and lots of timing not to mention timing with my job.  Sooo stressful!!  I currently have a client that is working with me, so that is good!!

IUI's and all the hormones come with a higher chance of multiples.  Yes, the doctors try to eliminate it but it can happen.  Let's just hope that I'm not C&C +8 or something like that.  Yes I would welcome multiples so I don't have to go through all this again but I'll be happy with one child.  So keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't take FOREVER otherwise I might lose it!

Job is good....  I've been stuck, I mean working, in Indianapolis, IN since April.  I am at a Pharm company, which is always interesting.   We are suppose to roll out of here at the end of August but I REALLY don't see that happening anytime soon!! Our company lost a CEO and gained a new one.  We have also lost a VP of sales and soon a COO, so lots of turnover for a small 60+ employee company.  We are hoping for some sales by the end of the year but with the economy since in the gutter I don't see much relief anytime soon.  Carl's job is going well.  He's a crazy man but he loves it (most of the time)!

House and kitties are good.  We haven't been doing too much since my work schedule has been crazy but I did pick up some new curtains for our living room and a new kitchen table.  Our old table was from VCF.  We paid $99 for it and its been around about 5 years.  We loved it but it was falling into it's self.  So it was time to get something new.  I have been researching for a while and had finally found the manufacturer.  I had contacted the dealer and we had been going back/forth regarding pricing/tables/chairs/etc.  I hadn't talked to her for a while when I got an email stating that the table and chairs had been marked down and she was selling them. I really didn't want black chairs (too country for me) but once I saw the set (LOVE the table) I couldn't turn it down.  Plus did I mention it was on sale.  It's solid oak!!  YAY!!!

No comments: