- you have to get more naked than before... make sure you take EVERYTHING out of your pockets, shoes off, belts off(I never had to do this because I made sure mine was plastic, doesn't matter anymore), watches off, etc.... Basically anything metal (basically your bra, if you wear under-wire)
- You have to stand like an idiot in the machine... see picture - hands above the head (armpits out), legs apart.... let's do jumping jacks... Oh and if your hands aren't high enough or far enough apart they will ask you to raise them, push your elbows back and stick out your boobs. They will continue to fight with you.... poor old people.

- So after standing there like an idiot, you now walk outside the tube to a waiting line and have to wait up to 2-4 minutes depending if there is a person in front of you and how fast the person looking at the scans takes.
- If the scanner reveals some issues then you get the good ole fashion "pat-down" So women, if wearing a under-wire bra, they are going to feel under your boobs and if you forgot to take off your watch, they'll catch this too. The scanners also have problems with jeans that have a lot of buttons.
- So this is what pisses me off... women wear under-wire bras.... why do you have to feel under my breast? the scanner can clearly point out 2 fine lines of metal under my breast, what else do you need to know? I know that a gun is not the size of a fine line (if you so, I might want to get one)... the normal airport metal detectors have never had a problem with them.
- Last but not least.... if the line for the fancy scanner is backed up then you can go through the regular old metal detectors.... so if you are smart, you'll find a line that is long or you'll take your time so that you don't have to go though the stupid thing.
Do I feel safer? No not really because of #5. They are more time consuming and more of a pain in the butt! USA is the only place that is using them, so if you are flying in from another country you are shit of luck. I feel this was a HUGE waste of money and thanks to Obama and his stupid stimulus money, they aren't going anywhere. TSA is a OVER rated, OVER paid, and OVER authorized as a gov't agency.
2 comments:
Oh, but Char, have you been on a plane with a terrorist lately? No!?! Proof it's working! Booyah!
Bull crap E... that doesn't prove anything. It proves that I'm an idiot and forgot to take off my watch. It doesn't prove that I have a bottle filled with explosives in my carry-on that wasn't detected or that I had explosives in my Altoids case that they didn't inspect. Just saying...
Post a Comment