Thursday, September 9, 2010

immunity?

UGH so this topic has really been bugging me lately.... I guess mostly because I feel it hurts people more than not.  The flu shot was in the paper yesterday.  They are MAKING people get the shot now.  I think this is crap since it's not full proof and no one really knows the effects of the shot.  I'm lucky that I'm allergic to eggs, so I don't have to get it.  It just pisses me off that if/when I have children that they will be forced to get this shot.  What's going to happen to the children when they grow up?  They have to get SOOO many shots now that they never build true immunity to things.

Chicken pox is another topic.  So part of IF initial bloodwork they find out your immunities.  Well I don't have immunity to chicken pox even though I had them as a child.  They wanted me to get the shot or sign a waver.  If you know me, you know that I signed the waver.  If I had the actual virus and I'm still in-immune, why is a shot going to help me?  My risk isn't as high anymore anyway since kids don't actually get chicken pox anymore.  They get a shot.  They also might have to get another shot as an adult to prevent adult pox (can't remember the true name for them)....  I understand getting a shot as an adult but if they really had gotten the actual chicken pox as a child they would have most likely preventing getting them as adults (yes, I know you can still get them again)....   again we are very dependent on shots and more shots.  What about actually immunity?

Don't get me started on the whole autism/vaccine debate....  until they know what causes autism, I will delay vaccine schedule.  Giving a child 4 shots at one appt is just insane!!  Giving a baby a shot when it's first born is nuts too!!

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

I agree on the flu shot stuff. I haven't had a flu shot in at least 5 years, and I haven't had the flu in at least 5 years! And the side effects of all of these meds is crazy, sometimes it can actually bring on a flu!