I confess, I'm freaked out about taxes this year... you made more than we thought las year. So I think we may be screwed. It should finally a be a normal year, meaning that we both had normal jobs, no 1099's, no business's to claim, etc. We have two properties... a rental and our house. I'm hoping our rental doesn't screw us. We paid a lot of interest on our house last year (about $25k) and we also paid interest on our condo. I have student loans that can help with deductions. We bought a truck, so we may be able to write off the sales tax on that. I don't want a huge check back, I just want to break even. We both claimed 0 the whole year so I'll be pissed if we owe. UGH! The stress. We go this Sunday to get them done. IF we get money back, we are going to pay bills and chuck a bunch into savings. Ahh, the responsibility of being an adult!
I confess I HATE this hotel BED! I love the hotel. It's clean, great location, staff VERY friendly, free good breakfast, good cable, nice exercise room, safe area, hot shower, fridge & microwave in room, good lighting, quiet rooms, great rates, nicely decorated but HORRIBLE BEDS!!! I sleep in A LOT of hotel's over a course of a year but this by FAR is the WORSE bed I have slept in. It's like sleeping on concrete. It's VERY firm and does not give. I would prefer sleeping on the floor. Last night I almost pulled out the sofa bed to sleep on to see if that was softer. This is my 3rd week here and I have 3 more week's. I have thought about switching hotels but I don't think I can match the price or any of the other nice qualities about this hotel. UGH! My body doesn't hurt or anything I just can't go to sleep on it. Soo weird!
I confess that I need a week home. I need to make some dr's appts... dentist, gyn(been over a year, bad me), and primary care dr (need refill on imitrex). I was home during the Under Armour project but I worked 12-14 hr days and could never go to the dr's. I was also home christmas/nye week but we were switching insurance companies(carl's company was changing AGAIN) so I didn't want to find new dr's AGAIN. SOOOO it's about time. I'm scared to ask for the time off. :( but I should ask soon so that he doesn't book me and so that I can book dr appts. Plus this project has been a killed for travel and time zones... 2 hrs off and crappy flights suck!
5 comments:
Char, I don't even know how you do it. I like to travel and all, but traveling for work is stressful! It exhausts me!
I'm dreading my taxes as well (since I am bad and don't pay during the year!) and I still owe them from last year, ugh. Hopefully I'll have enough deductions and whatnot to cushion the blow a little.
Good Luck with your taxes
I love how you start those paragraphs with "I confess..."!!!
Yeah, last year was fun and we had to pay a TON in taxes but we are good about saving. This year we'll probably have to pay a lot again but NEXT year, baby, hello deductions!
Post a Comment